Worldwide there is an increasing awareness of alternative and complementary therapies mainly to provide an adjuvant or alternate to invasive therapies because
-invasive therapies have become expensive for investment
-costly and not affordable as a regular treatment option
-undesirable and avoidable side effects are accepted features
-there is a frequent and constant change in techniques, applications and equipments
-they can not provide therapeutic benefits on a stand alone basis
Renowned orthopaedic surgeons like De.Becker and Dr.Andrew Basset, neurologists like Dr.Sandyk and Dr.Anninos and many others in the field of rehabilitation and general medicine have reported excellent results with the pmf therapy. There a a number of text books supporting the therapy ( a list of some of them is enclosed) The pmf therapy is already popular in the USA, Canada, Israel, Japan Russia and Europe.
Complementary therapy such as the PMF therapy offers the following benefits
- we harness the nature’s magnetic energy for therapeutic benefit
- we can adapt, control and monitor such magnetic field by using electrically generated field and creating a pulsating magnetic field
- unlike pure electrical therapies magnetic therapy is safe because it does not damage the biological tissues and cells even in high doses.
- The therapy can be suitably applied in a variety of ailments by inducing ‘angiogenesis’, ‘osteogenesis’ and regulating the chemical and hormonal functions of the diseased body.
- It is possible to provide an extremely cost effective therapy to a variety of illnesses and in all classes of patients
- Like all other modern therapies PMF therapy (also called PEMF-pulsating electro magnetic field, TMS- Transcranial magnetic stimulation etc.) is also supported by a wide publications through reports in international journals like JAMA, LANCET, JBJS etc. and thousand s of references available through the internet from international publications.
- Of late even the lay-press reports such as in Readers Digest and newspapers highlight such therapies as successful in treating chronic ailments otherwise found less effective in conventional therapies.
- The use of PMF therapy in chronic ailments like OA, RA, Migraine, Epilepsy, Cerebrl Palsy, Depression, Wound healing etc. as an adjuvant with conventional therapies has been found to be very effective in offering the patients a complete solution in the management of difficult cases.
PULSATRON – for the PMF therapy it is an ideal device.
- all the features and benefits of PMF therapy found worldwide have been packaged in to one simple device indigenously in PULSATRON
- PULSATRON is a patented design ( patent no. 164029H ) and is only one of its kind offering such features and benefits.
- researched and developed by Madras Institute of Magnetobiology (MIM), Chennai, which is a non-profit making R&D institute promoted by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu (DME), recognized by the union ministry of Science & Technology for R&D and by MGR Medical University for Post Graduate studies.
- The device has been so simplified that the operator has to set only the frequency and monitor the time of treatment. All the other features are already pre-set.
- The device provides an extremely low intensity (1500 nTesla) of magnetic field which is about 1/40th of normal earth’s magnetic field and ultra low frequency of only 1 or 10 Hz as standard treatment protocol for all indications. This ensures extreme safety to the patients.
- The device is also designed in such a way that the patient lies comfortably in a supine position and is never in contact with any part of the system. The patient is however exposed and bathed in a homogenous field of PMF offering the desired therapeutic benefit.
- The PULSATRON is extremely easy to install and operate and maintenance is at a negligible cost.
BENEFITS to the user:
-There is no cost incurred in treating patients with PULSATRON.
-PULSATRON needs no consumables to operate and with the negligible maintenance becomes very cost effective for the investor.
-MIM is a non-profit making organisation therefore the price is only for the fabrication, R&D and development cost of the device which is invested in further research.
-The cost includes installation and training of the operator and one year warranty.
-In addition to on site training one of the operators will be offered a 2/3 days training at the MIM premises in Chennai. Only the travel costs will have to be borne by the user as board and lodging will be taken care of by MIM. The training will include both theory and practice and be conducted in English. Utilisation of this training facility is absolutely at user’s choice and not compulsory.
-The existing customers like Apollo Hospital-Chennai, CMC Hospital - Vellore, Central and South Central Railway Hospitals are some of the over 40 users in the country who have found PULSATRON very effective and useful.
-Last but not the least MIM supports their customers continuously by offering all the scientific and technical services without confining to warranty period.
Therefore a long association with MIM on future therapy and research are the added advantage of using PULSATRON.